We are seeking to provide a fun and exciting learning environment to help augment the educational deficiencies caused by the interruptions that happened during the final months of this school year. We are closely monitoring the information and government recommendations regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and will change or cancel our program accordingly. Right now, we are still planning to go forward with our program this summer.
Dates and Activities
Each evening will be themed around a popular game show and will include educational and fun games, activities, and challenges. Our 3 main goals are to have fun, learn, and stay safe.
- July 16, 6-8:15 PM - Fear Factor: Getting to know you (outside, some multi-contact), Classic Fear Factor Challenges (outside, no multi-contact), Hand Washing Experiment (inside, some multi-contact), Snot Slime (Inside, no multi-contact)
- July 23, 6-8:15 PM - Wheel of Fortune: Art Projects (outside, no multi-contact), Lawn Twister (outside, no multi-contact), Magic Beans Game (outside, no multi-contact), Language Arts Activities (inside, no multi-contact)
- August 6, 6-8:15 PM - Amazing Race: Obstacle Course (outside, no multi-contact), STEM Challenge (outside, no multi-contact), Color Investigation and Art Project (inside, some multi-contact)
- August 13, 6-8:15 PM - Minute to Win It: Classic Minute to Win It Challenges (outside, no multi-contact), Math Activities (inside, no multi-contact), STEM Challenge (outside, no multi-contact)
- Each Night - Pre-packaged snacks and drinks will be provided, Reading Activity (outside, no multi-contact), Bible Activity (inside, no multi-contact)
In addition to our usual child safety measures, we have instituted many additional guidelines in order to ensure that our program is clean, socially distanced, and as touch-free as possible.
- Groups will be no more than 11 people (including volunteers), will have their own indoor space, and will share their outdoor spaces with only one other group.
- The majority of the evening will be spent outdoors
- Masks will be required for all indoor activities and any outdoor activities where social distancing cannot be achieved
- In as much as possible, social distancing will be maintained throughout the entire evening
- Frequent hand washing and sanitizing has been embedded into the schedule
- Any activities that requires multi-contact will be bookended by hand washing and sanitizing
- Bathrooms will be single use only and will be sanitized between each use
- Deep cleaning of all surfaces including light switches, door knobs, and hand rails will occur between each program and after any intervening programs
- CLICK HERE for the full safety measures guidelines